We are returning to worship in a safe manner with services on Sundays at 10:15 AM.
As the virus persists, we have taken steps to reduce the risk of catching the virus.
- We will worship outdoors to start and eventually move indoors later in the summer.
- We will wear masks.
- Services will be shorter than usual.
- We will socially distance ourselves from others. Certain pews in the church have been roped off to promote distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the building and sanctuary entrances.
- We will not pass the offering plate as part of the service. Offerings can be dropped in the plate at the door when coming or going, or you can continue to mail your offerings to the church.
- Please do not share the elevator with anyone you do not live with. At the end of the service, do not be in a rush to leave to allow space and time for others to use the elevator safely.
- There will be no singing, though we will include some extra music for reflection and meditation.
- Limited bulletin resources will be available. Responses will be displayed on a screen.
- Doors and windows will be opened to promote air flow, and the fans will be running.
- We are not serving food, passing the peace, or otherwise hosting social functions.
- We will celebrate Holy Communion with sealed packages of wafers and grape juice.
If you are not comfortable joining us for in-person worship, that is completely fine, and we understand. If you think you may have been exposed to the virus or are otherwise not feeling well, please stay home to take care of yourself as well as your church family!
We will continue to offer a video version of the service for those that prefer to worship online during this time.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the church office.
Thank you to our COVID task force, which has been meeting for several months to plan and prepare for our return!